I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Welcome to The New Mom Project

Welcome to The New Mom Project! Thank you for taking the time to see what we are all about.

As a Toronto based group, we are trying to fill a void that has become noticeable to all involved.  That is: women starting their new lives as mothers without the basic necessities to care for a baby.  This is not acceptable. In Toronto.  In 2014.  So let's do something about it.

The New Mom Project was started to provide marginalized families with some basic baby necessities to get them off to a great and loving start.  We feel that there are lots of families with lots to give to people who truly need it.
We would like to provide a forum for people to donate gently used or new items to families in need who may not be able to search out this service on their own. We hope to encourage Midwives, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Housing Workers, Hospital Staff, etc to refer clients to The New Mom Project.

This effort is staffed by committed volunteers, is confidential if needed, is non judgemental and always free.

We believe that no matter what, a mom and a baby matter. They matter to each other, and they matter to us.  We hope that they matter to you.

There are several baby packages ready to be distributed, so please let us know when and where to deliver them.

1 comment:

  1. I must say I'm having a hard time understanding the culture of Motherhood today in as much as I've discovered so little progress has been made towards respecting women who stay at home to raise their children since I chose to raise my family as a stay-at-home-mom in the 80's. The idea that " mom's who don't work " don't work is even more degrading today. I expected greater recognition and respect for women who are comfortable dedicating themselves to family by now. A child who has their own parent as primary care giver is the child I wish I could have been. It wasn't possible for my mother and still isn't for far too many even now but you'll never convince me for a nano second that anyone can come even close to your own mom when it comes to being there. Anyone who has the real courage to look deep within knows that's the plain and simple truth, however even I have to admit that the truth is seldom plain and never simple.

    ReplyDelete