I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. - Mother Teresa

Sunday 16 February 2014

Happy Family Day!

As I sit by the fire tonight, I am so thankful for the amazing family I came from and for the amazing family I have. 
We are spending this long weekend at our family cottage to celebrate the winter season at the Dorset Snowball.
 I have been stopped no less than five times to be asked about my winter coat, an M coat, or more specifically, a winter coat tailored to baby wearing. With my 7 month old warmly snuggled into me, I guess we must me a sight!
I have worn all my brood this way, I love babywearing.  In the winter it's like having a hot water bottle nestled under your coat. And anyone living in Toronto this winter will understand the need for a hot water bottle! 
Babywearing is such an important part of bonding with a new infant. Not to mention an essential thing to do if a mom is to get anything done. 
At The New Mom Project, we completely support babywearing and all it's benefits. We are pleased to donate some of our carriers to new moms through our connection with local midwives so they might enjoy the beauty of babywearing. 
There is nothing so lovely as to be able to kiss the top of your baby's head and feel their warm cheek on your chest.  This is the love only family brings. Happy Family Day, from The New Mom Project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment